Valmar , Volodya Margaryan
National Artist of Republic of Armenia
• 1948, April 21, born in Gyumry, Republic of Armenia.
• 1966 Finished secondary school N 12 and School of Fine Arts after Merkurov.
• 1970 His creative life was crowned by a great number of national and international exhibitions.
• 1972 Graduate of Yerevan Fine Arts Institute, thereafter, student of the world famous painter and sculptor Yervand Kochar.
• 1976 Member of the Artists Union of Armenia
• 1976-1980 Executive secretary of the Artists Union of Gyumry branch and Akhurian Fine Arts School.
• 1980-2006 Head of the Art Department at Yerevan art school N 1.
• 1980 Received several international awards, prizes and diplomas.
• 1994 Member of the International Union of Artists. (UNESCO).
• 2006 Honoured Artist of the Republic of Armenia.
• 2007 Gold medal after “Catholicos of All Armenians, Vazgen I ” by the Board of the “Mashtots Centre for Education and Culture”.
• 2008 Gold medal of the Ministry of Culture.
• 2011 Prime-Minister Commemorative medal of RA.
• 2011 “Master” gold badge of honor.
• 2013 “Grigor Narekatsi” medal of the Ministry of Culture.
• 2013 “Person of the Year”, title in fine arts, granted by the Russian-Armenian (Slavonic) University, Yerevan
• 2015 National Artist of the Republic of Armenia
The artist’s intense activities were crowned by over 48 personal and 133 group exhibitions organized in Armenia, Russia, Baltic countries, also in Europe, Middle East, in cultural centres and art galleries of a number of the US and Canadian cities.
Valmar’s works are exhibited in art galleries and museums of Armenia, Russia, USA, Italy, Japan, France. A great number of works are in private collections in various countries.
The artist has made designs for books and theatrical performances.
Valmar has been in collaboration with galleries of a number of countries.